The aim of the Quality of Service Development Group (QSDG) is the improvement of performance, quality of service (QoS) and quality of experience (QoE), to the benefit both of the subscribers and Administrations.
In order to achieve this aim, the terms of reference of this group are as follows:
- To be the ITU-T Study Group 12 liaison to workshops, symposia and forums;
- To increase participation in the discussion of technical and regulatory aspects of performance, QoS and QoE;
- To identify and study technical and regulatory aspects of performance, QoS and QoE;
- To identify procedures and practices which should be considered for inclusion in the ITU-T documentation on performance, QoS and QoE;
- To disseminate information relating to performance, QoS and QoE techniques, procedures and regulatory aspects;
- To encourage the development of a coordinated approach to the study of performance, QoS and QoE;
- To pursue other activities which may improve performance, QoS and QoE.