The primary aim of the Quality of Service Development Group (QSDG) is to improve the quality of the international service, to the benefit both of the subscribers and Administrations. In order to achieve this aim, the proposed terms of reference of this group are as follows:
- To be the ITU-T Study Group 12 liaison to Workshops, Symposia and forums;
- To encourage wider participation in international quality of service activities;
- To identify and develop performance monitoring activities for quality of service purposes;
- To identify procedures and practices which should be considered for inclusion in the ITU-T documentation;
- To disseminate information relating to quality of service techniques and procedures;
- To encourage the development of a coordinated approach to the study of quality of service;
- To pursue other activities which may improve the quality of the international service.