TDAG holds its 21st meeting
Final report of the 21st TDAG meeting, 2016
The 21st meeting of the Telecommunication Development Advisory Group (TDAG) took place from 16 to 18 March 2016 at ITU headquarters in Geneva. TDAG meets once every year to review priorities, strategies, operations and financial matters of the ITU Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D).
At its 21st meeting, TDAG reviewed:
- Preparations for the seventh ITU World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC-17), which will be held in the last quarter of 2017. Plans are well under way to hold six regional preparatory meetings for WTDC-17, along with Regional Development Forums in the last quarter of 2016 and in the first quarter of 2017.
- Implementation of the ITU-D Strategic Plan and Operational Plan 2015, including regional initiatives.
- ITU-D four-year rolling Operational Plan 2017-2020, including a progress report by the TDAG Correspondence Group on the Strategic Plan, Operational Plan and Declaration.
ITU-D contribution to the implementation of the WSIS Plan of Action, including the United Nations General Assembly Overall Review and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Working methods, including a progress report by the TDAG Correspondence Group on Rules of Procedure of ITU-D (WTDC Resolution 1).
- Collaboration with the other Sectors, including a progress report on the Inter-Sector Coordination Team on issues of mutual interest.
- ITU-D Study Group-related matters.
- Membership, partnership and innovation-related matters.
The outcomes of the Radiocommunication Assembly (26-30 November 2015) and the World Radiocommunication Conference (2-27 November 2015) that have implications for ITU-D work.
Several reports on the Sector’s activities were presented on Capacity Building Initiatives, the Global Symposium for Regulators (GSR) 2015 and 2016; the World Telecommunication/ICT Indicators Symposium (WTIS) 2015 and 2016; and on emergency telecommunications, A calendar of ITU-D events covering the years 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 was also presented..
The following three meetings took place on 15 March 2016, just a day ahead of the TDAG meeting: