The International Telecommunication Union (ITU), in collaboration with the Ministry of Economic Development of Italy is organizing a Regional Seminar for Europe and CIS on "Spectrum Management and Broadcasting" to be held from 29 to 31 May 2017 in Rome, Italy.
This Seminar is organized in the context of the European Regional Initiative approved by WTDC-14 on Spectrum Management and Transition to Digital Broadcasting that works towards identifying issues and implementing actions to maximize the economic and social benefits of the digital dividend. It will also consider the future challenges to be addressed in broadcasting and in spectrum management to ensure that Europe and CIS regions are equipped with relevant measures and effective tools.
The Seminar will discuss, in particular:
- Future of Digital terrestrial television broadcasting
- Effective use of the digital dividend
- National Regulatory and Policy Measures on spectrum management
- Economics Aspects of Spectrum Management
- Spectrum monitoring
- IMT 2020 (5G) and beyond
- Spectrum needs and management of IoT
- Preparation to WTDC 2017 and WRC 2019