The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), at the kind invitation of the Czech Technical University in Prague, is organizing an ITU Academy Event on ”Fostering Innovation and Partnerships in Human Capacity Building: Enhanced Engagement of Academia in the Work of International Telecommunication Union”, which will take place in the National Library of Technology, Prague, Czech Republic, from 28 to 29 April 2014.
This event provides an opportunity for high level dialogue between the stakeholders on strategies and policies directed towards integrating and providing education, training and information resources on information and communication technologies (ICTs), striving to harmonise, integrate and gather under one umbrella all existing ITU training services corresponding to the organisation’s main areas of activity — radiocommunications, standardisation and development — and to extend the current portfolio of training programs.
This event will also facilitate discussions on possible challenges that might be addressed at the regional level, including:
- ITU Academy: Global Platform for Human Capacity Building
- Building win-win Partnerships between ITU Academy and Academia
- New Paradigm for Centers of Excellence as an Effective Mechanism for Training Delivery at Regional and Global Level
- Fostering the Development of Training Materials through Partnerships with Academia and other Stakeholders
- Role of Academia in ITU: Opportunities and Challenges
Following Resolution 73 of the World Telecommunication Development Conference (WTDC-10), a study of the Centres of Excellence was undertaken and a new Centre of Excellence strategy developed by BDT. Implementation of the new strategy takes effect after WTDC-2014.This event will also be an excellent opportunity to explore the avenues of the new Strategy and shed light on ways forward.