Azerbaijan Women in ICT Club FEMMES DIGITALES
Baku, Azerbaijan, 2016, April 28
DigiGirls of Azerbaijan: A Bright Future in ICTs
Opportunities for a new generation of women
DIGI is FASHIONABLE! TO ALL ICT-MINDED GIRLS & WOMEN!
Be a part of the global movement and join the celebrations of International Girls in ICT Day in Azerbaijan on 28th April 2016!
International Girls in ICT Day is an opportunity for girls and young women to see and experience ICTs in a new light encouraging them to consider a future in technology. To date, over 111,000 girls and young women have taken part in more than 3,500 events held in 140 countries around the world.
Azerbaijani Women in ICT Club "FEMMES DIGITALES" in co-operation with Microsoft, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Communications and High Technologies, ADA University – SITE (School of Information Technologies and Engineering), and AMCHAM, Asan Imza, Tech-Tech Xanim (WoWoman), INFOCITY, MONT, Optic Gallery is organising the conference:
The future of the ICT sector is exciting. These are unchartered waters open to creativity, innovation and entirely new ways of working, interacting and learning that should appeal to women and men alike. The Institute for the Future identifies six drivers most likely to shape the future workforce: longer life spans; a rise in smart devices and systems; advances in computational systems such as sensors and processing power; new multimedia technology; the continuing evolution of social media; and a globally connected world. The ICT sector clearly underpins this future.
Date & Time:
28.04.2016 at 16.00-18.00
Come and join Girls in ICT Day celebration in Baku!
DigiGirls of Azerbaijan brings together women in ICT, start-ups, girls and women and men, who support Girls in ICT who take interest in ICT to meet each other to inspire and share experiences and best practises.
Special keywords will be made by representatives of many organisations and people from different countries.
Hurry and book your seat already today!
The languages of the conference are: Azerbaijani and English
Increasing participation of girls and women in the ICT, the ultimate goal of the Conference is:
• to raise awareness on how ICTs can be a long-term solution to promote female employment in Azerbaijan;
• to initiate and support better collaboration between Public and Private sector stakeholders aiming at the creation of digital jobs at national level;
• to exchange good practice at national level among participants.
Focusing on the main issues of the Women in ICT policy, the objectives of the Conference will be a common elaboration for the below mentioned key priorities:
• Strengthen the positions of women in the ICT sector;
• Promote good practice for career counselling and mentoring to be mainstreamed;
• Foster the dialogue between women and Schools, Universities teaching ICT, ICT companies by promoting the attractiveness of ICT careers among girls and women and strengthening the trust of ICT companies, especially SMEs, in women as employees;
• Establish a direct contact with women willing to start/change to ICT careers and assist them in finding relevant stakeholders for their career development.