The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) organized the Regional Seminar on Spectrum Management and Broadcasting for Europe and CIS with the support
of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority of Hungary (NMHH).
The meeting was held remotely from 1 to 2 July 2020.
This Seminar was organized within the framework of the ITU Regional Initiative for Europe on Broadband Infrastructure, Broadcasting and Spectrum Management and the ITU Regional Initiative for CIS on Fostering innovative solutions and partnership for the implementation of Internet of things technologies and their interaction in telecommunication networks, including 4G, IMT-2020 and next-generation networks, in the interests of sustainable development adopted by the WTDC-17.
The Seminar considered the future challenges to be addressed in broadcasting and in spectrum management to ensure that Europe and CIS regions were equipped with relevant measures and effective tools. It discussed, in particular:
- World Radiocommunication Conference 19 (WRC-19) and preparation for WRC-23
- Strategic planning and policies for wireless innovation in Europe and CIS
- Spectrum management and the future of 5G
- Economics of spectrum in the context of 5G
- Tendering of 5G frequencies
- Electromagnetic fields and 5G implementation
- Measurement methods and tools
- Digital broadcasting
- International frequency coordination