The International Telecommunication Union (ITU), in collaboration with the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH) of Hungary is organizing a Regional Seminar for Europe and CIS on "5G Implementation in Europe and CIS: Strategies and Policies Enabling New Growth Opportunities" to be held from 3 to 5 July 2018 in Budapest, Hungary. This meeting will be held back-to-back with an Experts’ Knowledge Exchange on related topics in ITU-D Study Groups 1 and 2 (3-5 July 2018).
This Seminar is planned in the context of the European Regional Initiative approved by WTDC-17 on Broadband Infrastructure, Broadcasting and Spectrum Management that works towards facilitating high-speed connectivity with resilient and synergistic infrastructure development, deployment and sharing, whilst ensuring a trusted and quality user experience. It will also consider the future challenges to be addressed in infrastructure roll-out, spectrum management and broadcasting to ensure that Europe and CIS regions are equipped with relevant measures and effective tools.
The Seminar will discuss, in particular:
• National strategies for 5G implementation
• Case studies on 5G strategies and pilot projects
• Enabling environment for 5G deployment
• New business models and revenue streams
• Electromagnetic fields and 5G roll-out
• Effective use of the digital dividend
• New services in digital broadcasting
• National regulatory and policy measures on spectrum management
• Spectrum monitoring
• Update on preparations to WRC 2019
Meeting will also benefit from the presence of the international experts involved in the work of the ITU-D Study Groups 1 and 2 that will hold an Expert Knowledge Exchange of the ITU-D Study Groups 1 and 2 (3-5 July 2018) open to all participants of the Seminar.