ITU/BDT Regional Economic and Financial Forum of Telecommunications/ICTs for Arab States, Nouakchott, Mauritania 17-18 May 2017
This year, the theme of the Regional Economic and Financial Forum will be « ICTs for Economic and Social Development »
The aim of The Forum is to discuss the role of ICTs in the three pillars of sustainable development (economic development, social inclusion and environmental protection) and as key catalysts for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
ICTs are perceived as the main pillar of the knowledge-based economy, and the integration of ICTs contribute to the development of critical infrastructure, education, healthcare, human resources and other vital sectors and development of public services such as e-government and e-commerce which are current priorities of all countries.
The forum will discuss the following topics:
- The Socio-economic impact of the development of ICTs
- ICTs providing underlying support across sectors.
- ICTs to better do business
- Digital opportunities for youth employment
- Role of ICTs to support national health-care services
- ICTs in education to bridge the digital divide
- The e-Agriculture to increase rural business productivity.