|10.00 – 11.15 |
Session 7 - Fostering e-accessibility: The regulator as an enabler
This session will examine measures regulators can take to foster accessibility to ICT services for all to achieve digital inclusion.
• How to define accessible ICTs?
• How to guarantee accessibility for all? Extending universal access policy beyond availability and affordability to include accessibility.
• What measures can the ICT regulator take?
• Extending accessibility features to m-services and applications
• Regulators' success stories and lessons learned
Presentation: Discussion paper on the ITU Model ICT Accessibility Policy Report│Presentation, Ms Sofie Maddens-Toscano, Head RME Division, ITU/BDT
Interactive panel discussion
14.15 – 15.30
Concluding Discussion: How regulation impacts broadband uptake?
The session will offer regulators the opportunity to share their experiences on regulatory measures taken to foster broadband access, ensure quality of service and stimulate broadband uptake.
• Overview of incentive regulations to achieve the triple A (Accessibility, Availability and Affordability)
• How QoS influences consumer satisfaction and the uptake of services? What measures should be taken to ensure QoS?
• A focus on the role of the regulator, its mandate, powers and regulatory tools
• What works? What doesn't work
• Learning from regulators' experiences