The IRG-AVQA studies topics related to video and audiovisual quality assessment
among ITU-R SG6, ITU-T SG9 and ITU-T SG12. The IRG-AVQA aims to:
- coordinate the progress of specific topics of mutual interest restricted to the area of video and audiovisual quality assessment, both subjective and objective;
- identify potential work items that may be progressed as joint text Recommendations;
- benefit from colocation with the meetings of the Video Quality Experts Group (VQEG) where video/audiovisual quality experts meet and execute technical work;
- encourage collaboration between ITU-T SG9, SG12 and ITU-R SG 6 on work items unique to each study group.
The IRG-AVQA allows rapporteurs to:
- exchange information faster, using email and joint meetings;
- seek participation from a broader range of ITU members;
- invite input from non-member experts (e.g., from academia);
- keep people informed at the early stage of work;
- set up a joint edit session on a Recommendation;
- socialize work items that approach maturity;
Participants who can contribute technology proposals are invited and encouraged to join the group.
Terms of Reference
(as of October 2017)