What are the dates of WTSA and GSS?
dates for WTSA are
1-9 March 2022, preceded by GSS on
28 February 2022.
What is the location of WTSA?
- The location is
What is the status of the dates and location of WTSA?
- 08 September 2021:
ITU Circular Letter
CL-21/39 announces WTSA-20 to take place
1-9 March in Geneva, Switzerland.
Why was the duration of WTSA reduced from the initial plan of nine days to seven days?
- During the VCC-2 meeting, some MS proposed to shorten the duration of WTSA since TSAG would have taken care of several issues, e.g. agreement on modifications to selected A-series Recommendations and built consensus during its meetings in 2021 and 2022.
What will be the agenda of WTSA?
C20/INF/23 (DOCX) provides additional information about WTSA and its normal agenda and structure. WTSA structure and agenda in 2022 will be as usual and as defined in Resolution 1.
What are the key milestones and timeline leading to WTSA in 2022?
C20/INF/23 (PDF) shows the roadmap leading to WTSA.
What is the Continuity plan for the work of ITU-T given the postponement of WTSA to 2022?
VC-2/3 provides guidance on the continuity plan.
What happens if COVID-19 persist and travel would not be possible in 2022?
- The agreed way forward for WTSA at VCC-2 included the possibility of discussion on WTSA plans at Council 2021 meeting if COVID-19 persists.
When will the invitations to WTSA be revised?
- Once the two consultations are completed and the new dates have a final decision, new invitations will be issued by the Secretary General.
Will Circular 202 be amended and when?
- Once the two consultations are completed and the new dates have a final decision, a corrigendum to Circular 202 will be issued with revised deadlines for the nomination of Chairmen and Vice Chairmen of SGs, TSAG, and the SCV.
- Nominations received so far are posted on the WTSA-20 website and will remain there until WTSA is held unless revised by the nominating Member State or Sector Member.
Will the meeting schedule in 2021 be revised?
- Yes, TSB is revising the 2021 Calendar in Consultation with the SGs based on the guidance agreed at VCC-2. A TSAG RG meeting schedule will also be developed. A revised calendar will be posted to the TSAG meeting in January 2021.
What are the dates of TSAG in 2021 and 2022?
- 11-18 January 2021
- 18 – 22 October 2021, or 25 – 29 October 2021
- 10 – 14 January 2022
Once WTSA is held in 2022, when will be the subsequent WTSA?
- WTSA would go back to its initial 4-year cycle and would be held in Q4 2024.
- WTSA is normally held every 4 years, and one major ITU conference and assembly is normally held each year. COVID-19 impacted the normal scheduling of WTSA-20 and it is now moved to 2022.
Will meetings of ITU-T Study Groups and TSAG in 2021 be virtual?
- It is most likely that at least in the first half of 2021, meetings will be virtual.
What can TSAG decide on vs WTSA?
VC-2/3 identify the areas where TSAG is already authorized to act.
- CS/Art.18 and CS/Art.19 governs the duties of WTSA; duties and responsibilities of WTSA are governed in CV/Art.13; duties and responsibilities of TSAG are governed in CV/Art.14A; WTSA-16 Resolution 1 Section 4, WTSA-16 Resolution 22, and WTSA-16 Resolution 45.
If WTSA is held in 2022, will it be called WTSA-22, or will it continue to be called WTSA-20?
- WTSA-20 continues to be the brand name for the event.
What will happen to the regional proposals to WTSA already submitted for posting?
- Proposals received so far will be maintained on the WTSA website and could be further revised by the submitter before the new deadline for contributions to be announced once the final decision about the dates of WTSA is reached.
If you have any further questions, please contact Mr. Bilel Jamoussi, Chief of the Study Groups Department at tsbsgd[at]itu.int