ICTs play an important role in socio-economic development of a country through job creation and entrepreneurship. ICT based business can be a powerful tool for economic growth. Keeping this importance in mind, TRCSL, Sri Lanka and ITU jointly initiated training courses on "ICTS for promoting Innovation and Entrepreneurship" in Colombo and provincial areas of Sri Lanka.
The main objectives of the training course are to:
- Increase practical entrepreneurial skills among students that will allow them to pursue their entrepreneurial aspirations and to start and grow their businesses;
- Train the trainers who will introduce the course on provincial level; and
- Analyse Case studies on different countries of Asia-Pacific region, so that international best practices can be considered.
The training is aimed to build capacity under "Train the trainers" initiative who will conduct similar training courses in provincial areas of Sri Lanka. The target audiences are as follows:
- 50 students and trainers in Colombo
- 200 students in four provinces
- The training course in Colombo will be carried out in English.
- The trainings in provinces would be used in English and local language or combination.