International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the Ministry of ICT (I.R. Iran) - ICT Faculty will jointly organize a Regional workshop on "Spectrum Management: Economic Aspects". The workshop would be held in in Tehran, I.R. Iran, from 21st to 23rd November 2016 and is supported by Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) – Republic of Korea and Department of Communications and Arts – Australia.
This workshop is targeted towards mid to senior level management from policy makers, regulators, corporate executives and managers, undertaking Spectrum Management responsibilities in their respective organizations especially its economic side. Among others, the training would focus on:
- National Spectrum Management and its international dimensions
- Economics of spectrum as a resource
- Spectrum liberalization and Methods of incorporating economic forces and market mechanisms in SM
- Ways of ensuring access to spectrum;
- Spectrum Assignment and the design of spectrum auctions
- Setting up rules for secondary markets in spectrum trading
- Re-purposing and re-farming spectrum bands
- Spectrum pricing and valuation
ITU is pleased to provide fellowship for each eligible country in Asia-Pacific, subject to availability of funds, with preference to those relevant applicants who are working in the target areas of the workshop.
- Language: The workshop would be conducted in English only.
- Fellowships: The successful applicants would be expected to contribute to the sessions of the workshop. Applicants requesting fellowships are required to submit their fellowship request forms duly signed by their respective Administrations by no later than 14th of October 2016.
- Registration: To register for the workshop, participants are kindly requested to complete the attached registration form and send it by e-mail directly to ITU workshop coordinator Mr. Aamir Riaz (email@example.com) and Host Focal Point Mr. Hassan Pashaeizad (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) by 14th October 2016 at the latest.
- Visas: The participants requiring an entry visa to Iran are requested to send a copy of their passport and the completed registration form to the Host Focal Point and contact their local Embassy of Iran for information well in advance.