ITU in collaboration with Universal Communications Service Access Fund (UCSAF) and Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA) will organize the ITU Forum & Training on "With ICT's everywhere - How safe is EMF?" and Training on E-waste Statistics on 10 April Morning and 12 April in Zanzibar, Tanzania, during the ITU Green Standards Week (GSW) of 9 to 12 April 2018 (for more information on ITU GSW, Click here).
The Forum and Training on "With ICT's everywhere - How safe is EMF?" will provide an overview of EMF considerations in sustainable environment including its measurements methods and related policy.
On the other hand, the Training in e-waste statistics will provide participants with an opportunity to learn about the methods of electronic waste statistics, as well as to share experiences, knowledge and challenges, and to improve national coordination. This training is being organized in collaboration with the Global Partnership on E-Waste Statistics.
The programme of the ITU Green Standard Week will be as follows:
- 9 April 2018 (morning): 12th ITU Symposium on ICT, Environment and Climate Change.
- 9 April 2018 (afternoon): ITU-T Study Group 5 Regional Group for Africa (SG5RG-AFR).
- 10 April 2018 (morning): Forum & Training on With ICT's everywhere - How safe is EMF?
- 10 April 2018 (afternoon): ITU-T Study Group 5 Regional Group for the Arab Region (SG5RG-ARB) & ITU-T Study Group 20 Regional Group for Africa (SG20RG-AFR).
- 11 April 2018 (morning): Forum on Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things in the development of Smart Sustainable Cities.
- 11 April 2018 (afternoon): ITU-T Study Group 20 Regional Group for Africa (SG20RG-AFR).
- 12 April 2018: Training on E-waste Statistics.
These events are targeting the specialists in the field of ICTs, environment and E-Waste, Electromagnetic field (EMF), from developing countries, ITU Member States, ICT regulatory agencies, municipalities, environmental ministries, statistics offices, policy makers, private sector and national and international agencies working on environmental related issues.