Following the ITU World Radiocommunication Conference 2019 (WRC-19) held in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, from 28 October to 22 November 2019, the Final Acts of the WRC-19 are now available online for free download.
A record 3'420 participants attended WRC-19, including delegates from 163 ITU Member States and more than 260 representatives of other international organizations, network operators, equipment suppliers, and industry forums. WRC‑19 concluded with agreements in the following areas:
- International Mobile Telecommunications (IMT), including IMT‑2020, also known as 5G
- The Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Earth exploration and meteorological-satellite systems
- Earth stations in motion (ESIM)
- Non-geostationary satellite orbit (non-GSO) systems
- High-altitude platform station (HAPS) systems
- Radiocommunication systems between train and trackside for high-speed railway
- Communication over wireless access systems, including radio local area networks (WiFi)
Final Acts WRC-19|
The pdf versions of the Final Acts WRC-19 are available to all for
download with no registration or log-in! They will be accessible in all 6 languages free of charge as they become available at the same web address.
Hard-copies will also be available for purchase from
WRC-19 agreements are enshrined in the Final Acts of the WRC-19 for incorporation into the ITU Radio Regulations, the international treaty governing the global use of radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits. The 2020 edition of the ITU Radio Regulations is scheduled for issue during the fourth quarter of 2020.
For further information, please visit: