Scope and description
ad-hoc group will collect effective ways and cases on AI and other digital technologies to combat COVID-19 covering the entire cycle of an epidemic emergency, encompassing the following: prevention and preparedness, outbreak early detection, surveillance and response, recovery, rehabilitation, mitigation, etc (Reference: Emergency Risk Management/ Disaster Risk Reduction of the ERF Sendai Framework
). The outputs are expected to evolve towards a more generalizable mechanism on the health emergency continuum, eventually applicable to other pandemics.
Specific aspects to be addressed include:
- Health emergency cycle
- Digital technologies including AI on epidemic emergencies
- Nurture the creation of a network of experts that can be a reference group for addressing the use of AI and other digital technologies for tackling health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Develop a collection of best practice on the use of AI and other digital technologies and best practices that have been used during each of the stages of the COVID-19 emergency cycle and that can be referenced globally and build suitable mechanisms for sharing these experiences.
- Develop collaborations with relevant FG-AI4H working groups and topic groups (e.g. WG-Ethics, TG-Outbreak, TG-Symptoms, TG-DiagnosticCT, etc.).
- Provide, as appropriate and upon request, input to PAHO development processes for guidelines on the use of AI and other digital technologies for tacking health emergencies.