Session 1 will focus on the use of Big Data in climate monitoring, with concrete examples, in supporting a reduction of impacts by climate change on the environment, society and economy.
Topics for study include but are not limited to:
- What is Big Data?
- Which are the global strategic alliances that foster the tools available for use in climate change adaptation, mitigation and monitoring?
- Big Data in climate monitoring.
- Country case studies on application of big data for climate change
- What are the opportunities and challenges for the use of big data for climate change, especially in developing countries?
- What guidelines could be given to faciliate the use of big data for climate change, especially in developing countries?
15:30 – 15:45 Coffee/tea break