We were pleased to invite all stakeholders to the ITU Webinar on Towards Strengthened Impact of ICTs on Economic Development in Europe that was held on 15 June 2020 from 14.00 to 15.30.
This webinar was organized within the framework of the ITU Regional Initiative for Europe on Broadband infrastructure, broadcasting and spectrum management, adopted by WTDC-17 and aimed at mapping of ubiquitous infrastructure and services, fostering harmonization of approaches across the region and taking into account infrastructure-sharing approaches applied by countries.
It provided an opportunity to present results of the new study on The Economic Contribution of Broadband, Digitization and ICT Regulation: Econometric Modelling for the ITU Europe Region. It also provided an opportunity for the countries to highlight their national practices aiming at fostering the broadband development. It also discussed the approaches aiming at creating investment opportunities in the field of ICT Infrastructure and services. In this context, the project on “Supporting Investment opportunity mapping systems in broadband infrastructure for South Eastern Europe" was presented.
Moderation and Setting the Regional Context
- Mr. Jaroslaw Ponder, Head of the Office for Europe, International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Mr. Stephen Bereaux, Deputy Director of the Telecommunication Development Bureau, ITU
The Economic Contribution of Broadband, Digitization and ICT Regulation: Econometric Modelling for the ITU Europe Region European best practices and national needs
- Ms. Carmen Prado Wagner, Senior officer economist, Regulatory and Market Environment Division, ITU
- Dr. Raul Katz, Director of Business Strategy Research, Institute for Tele-Information at Columbia University, Presentation
National approaches fostering broadband development
- H.E. Mr. Damjan Manchevski, Minister of Information Society and Administration, North Macedonia
- Ms. Mzia Gogilashvili, Chief Expert on International Relations, International Relations and Project Management Office, Georgian National Communications Commission, Georgia, Presentation
- Ms. Irena Malolli, Director of Telecommunications and Post Strategy Development, Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy, Albania
- Mr. Milan Dobrijevic. Head of Department for Digital Agenda Development in Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunications, Serbia, Presentation
Supporting Investment opportunity mapping systems in broadband infrastructure for South Eastern Europe
- Mr. Ákos Bóna, VP International Markets, Member of the Board at The Broadband Foundation
Conclusions and Way Forward
- Mr. Jaroslaw Ponder, Head of the Office for Europe, ITU