ITU Workshop for Europe and CIS Regions “Using ICT to save lives" was organized by the Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in collaboration with the А.S. Popov Odessa National Academy of Telecommunications (ONAT) of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and held in Odessa, Ukraine, from 24 to 26 April 2019.
This Workshop was interregional between the Europe and CIS regions to provide cross regional experiences and expertise. It was addressed to the executives and experts responsible for emergency telecommunications and disaster response from ministries, regulators, telecom operators, universities and general educational institutions, telecommunication equipment manufacturers, research and design institutes, software developers and other interested stakeholders from Europe and CIS regions.
The Workshop was aimed at discussing the following questions:
- Strategic aspects and international cooperation on emergency telecommunications and disaster response
- Best practices of using information and communication technologies (ICT) to save lives
- ICT-based solutions used in emergency situations
- Technical, legal and organizational aspects of telemedicine
- Using ICT to prevent climate change