The Generation Connect – ARB Group (GC-ARB) aims at providing a unique participative process for youth to contribute to the work of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in the Arab region.
It will offer the Arab youth a virtual platform to discuss opportunities and challenges related to digital technologies. Through this platform, youth will be able to share with the ITU membership their interests, concerns and perspectives on digital transformation, especially in the context of the upcoming ITU Regional Preparatory Meeting for Arab (RPM-ARB) for the World Telecommunication Development Conference 2021 (WTDC-21). GC-ARB will aim at the elaboration of a crowd-sourced document to be presented by the digital youth envoys at a specific meeting after the RPM-ARB.
This initiative is carried out in the context of the ITU Youth Strategy, in particular, within the framework of the “Generation Connect" global initiative. It also contributes to the implementation of digital inclusiveness in the Arab region.
In this context, a Call for Nominations of the Members of GC-ARB is to be launched. This call targets all Arab youth between 18 and 24 who have an interest and/or experience and knowledge in the field of digital technologies and digital transformation. They should possess strong communication, analytical and writing skills, the ability to work remotely in teams, and have an advanced level of English.
The Arab youth are kindly invited to submit their candidatures through the online form by 23 April 2021, 11:59pm Cairo time.
After an in-depth analysis of all candidatures the composition of the group will be announced by 30 April 2021 during the Regional Preparatory Meeting for the Arab region (RPM-ARB).
Click here to submit your candidature.
GC-ARB will operate from May 2021 to December 2021:
- 11 May2021, 17:00 Cairo time: Virtual Kick-off Meeting of GC-ARB
- 15 May 2021, 17:00 Cairo time: First Crowdsourcing Session
- 26 May 2021, 17:00 Cairo time: Second Crowdsourcing Session
- 6 June 2021, 17:00 Cairo time: Third Crowdsourcing Session
- 13June 2021, 17:00 Cairo time: Fourth Crowdsourcing Session
- 19 June 2021, 17:00 Cairo time: Adoption of the final document and identification of the format for its submission to the Arab working group for WTDC-23 preparation
- 30 June 2021, 15:00 Cairo time: Debrief Session and Certificate Ceremony
- July- December 2021,: Holding other events with the participation of GC-ARB members, including within the framework of the WTDC-21 Youth Summit