The Arab Regional Office of the ITU in collaboration with the Forum Global will organize a Regional Workshop on the Future Utilization of UHF Band in the Arab Region, in Marrakech – Morocco, on 12 April 2018 afternoon. The workshop will be convened just after the conclusion of the 4th Annual Middle East and North Africa Spectrum Management Conference 2018 and will be preceded by the 23rd Arab Spectrum Management Group (ASMG) Meeting, taking place from 7 - 11 April 2018.
This workshop aims to discuss the future utilization of the UHF Band in the Arab region, and to shed light on some case studies from the Arab countries about the situation of the 700 MHz band. In addition, the workshop will provide summary of the WTDC-17 resolutions related to spectrum management and the relevant ITU activities in the region. Among other issues related to Future Utilization of UHF Band, the following items will be covered:
- Recent developments and future plans of 700 MHz band.
- Enhance knowledge and understanding on UHF Band.
- Share information and experience among participants.
- Present the outcomes of the WTDC 17 and the ITU activities related activities.
- Create good relationship and close collaboration to be mutually beneficial to all participating countries.
The workshop is targeting spectrum management specialist from ICTs regulatory authority, ICT ministries and Mobile Operators.