As part of the implementation of the Operational Plan 2016 for the Arab Regional Office of the International Telecommunication Union, a Regional Workshop on "Competition in Telecommunications Market", to be organized in collaboration with the Sudanese Mobile Telecommunications Company "ZAIN". The workshop will be held in Khartoum-Sudan, 24-26 May 2016.
The workshop on "Competition in Telecommunications Market", is aiming to:
1) Understand the principles of Competition in Telecommunications Markets;
2) Define the types and structure of Telecom markets;
3) Competition as an economical growth factor;
4) How to regulate and manage Telecom competition:
- Define Market strategies to increase competition
- The Role of Telecom Infrastructure Sharing and national roaming for promoting the Competition;
- Understand the types and impact of intervention from telecom authorities;
- Compare the relative advantages of ex-ante and ex-post regulation;
- Understand the rationale for competition and its principles, anti-competitive behaviors, abuse of Significant Market Power (SMP);
5) Determine What and why cannot be left to competition (interconnection ,Universal access and consumer protection);
6) Share the regional experiences and practices on the ICT/Telecom Market Competition.