The workshop is designed to equip the participants from Arab countries with required knowledge and skills about Roaming Principles, Models, the Roaming Processes, National and International Mobile Roaming (IMR), the ITU recommendations on IMR, building roaming relationships, and the regulatory and commercial aspects of roaming.
Among other issues related to Mobile Roaming the workshop will discuss, the following areas will be covered:
- Roaming Concept and Models,
- Roaming Process and building of its relationships,
- Regulatory, Technical, Commercial and Economical considerations of Roaming,
- Future trends of roaming, including the role and impact of Over The Top services,
- National and International Roaming: Opportunities and Challenges,
- The Role of Regulators and Industry Players,
- The update of International Telecommunications Regulations (ITRs)/World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT-12) on International Mobile Roaming (IMR),
- National, Regional and International practices.