Switzerland Gr4: +41 22 730 65 00
Date: 16 January 1997Time: Page 1/10 Ref: SPU\EA\KB\ml
To: All participants in the World Telecommunication Policy Forum
(Geneva, 21-23 October 1996)
Fax:
From: Kareem BOUSSAID, SPU For your reply:
Fax: +41 22 730 6675 Tel: +41 22 730 5900

Subject : Meeting of the Informal Group on the Memorandum of Understanding
(GMPCS-MoU)

Dear Madam/Sir,

By Circular letter of 13 November 1996 the participants in the World Telecommunication Policy Forum (Geneva, 21-23 October 1996) were invited to comment on the draft Memorandum of Understanding to facilitate the free circulation of global mobile personal communications by satellite user terminals.

In order to follow up the remarks received, and pursuant to Opinion No. 4 of the World Telecommunication Policy Forum, I have pleasure in inviting you to the meeting of an informal group of administrations, GMPCS operators, service providers and manufacturers, to be held on Friday, 14 February 1997 in the Centre international des conférences de Genève (CICG), to consider the comments received and improve the Memorandum of Understanding.

The meeting will open at 0900 hours, and participants may register as from 0800 hours. To enable the Secretariat to make the necessary logistical arrangements for the meeting, I should be grateful if you would send to me by fax, as soon as possible, and at the latest by 31 January 1997, your list of participants together with the registration form, duly completed (one form per participant), which is attached hereto.

To facilitate their consideration, as was done during the preparations for the World Telecommunication Policy Forum, the comments on the Memorandum of Understanding will be available to participants upon request. In any case, they will as soon as possible be available for consultation on the Web at the following address: < http://www.itu.int/pforum/GMPCS-MoU >.

Yours faithfully

Pekka TARJANNE
Secretary-General