As per Resolution 200 (Rev. Dubai 2018), ITU is committed to reaffirm a shared global vision for the development of the telecommunication/ICT sector, under the Connect 2030 Agenda envisaging "an information society, empowered by the interconnected world, where telecommunications/ICTs enable and accelerate social, economic and environmentally sustainable growth and development for everyone".
ITU calls to endorse the high-level strategic goals and targets set out in the strategic plan of the Union and global broadband targets, inspiring and inviting all stakeholders and entities to work together to implement the Connect 2030 Agenda, contributing to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Member States are invited:
- to continue leveraging telecommunications/ICT as a key enabler for achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the SDGs that integrate in a balanced manner the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development;
- to provide data and statistics, as appropriate, to monitor progress towards the achievement of the Connect 2030 Agenda;
- to report national progress towards the achievement of the Connect 2030 Agenda, and contribute to the database that will collect and disseminate information on national and regional initiatives contributing to the Connect 2030 Agenda;
- to contribute to the work of ITU, as elaborated in the strategic plan for the Union for 2020-2023 in Annex 1 to Resolution 71 (Rev. Dubai, 2018), that contributes to the Connect 2030 Agenda.
Sector Members, Associates and Academia are invited:
- to take an active role towards implementing the Connect 2030 Agenda.
All stakeholders are invited:
- to contribute with their initiatives and their experience, qualifications and expertise to the successful implementation of the Connect 2030 Agenda.