Member States at the 20th Plenipotentiary Conference of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) today completed the election process that resulted in the following candidates being elected to the organization's top five management posts:
- Mr Houlin Zhao of China was re-elected to the post of ITU Secretary-General.
- Mr Malcolm Johnson of the United Kingdom was re-elected to the post of ITU Deputy Secretary-General.
- Dr Chaesub Lee of Republic of Korea was re-elected to the post of Director of ITU's Telecommunication Standardization Bureau (TSB).
- Mr Mario Maniewicz of Uruguay was elected to the post of Director of ITU's Radiocommunication Bureau (BR).
- Ms Doreen Bogdan-Martin of the United States was elected to the post of Director of ITU's Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT).
Other election results
These elections will be followed by the elections of the twelve members of the Radio Regulations Board (RRB) and the members of the ITU Council.
- More information about ITU's 2018 Plenipotentiary Conference, taking place from 29 October to 16 November in Dubai, is available on the official PP18 website.
- Election results and background information about the elected officials are available here as they are published.
- Learn more about the election process here.
- Visit the PP18 Newsroom here.
- Follow @ITU and the hashtag #Plenipot for the latest updates.
- Watch PP18 webcast here.