The Symposium on the Future Networked Car within the 88th
Geneva International Motor Show, 8 March 2018, will bring together the automotive and information and communication technology (ICT) industries to explore advances in the field of connected, automated driving and associated implications for business, technology and regulation.
The symposium is convened by ITU and UNECE. Participation is free of charge and open to all –
A live webcast of the discussions will be available on the symposium's
An executive roundtable hosting representatives of the automotive and ICT industries will discuss the state of the art in connected, automated driving as well as the business, technology and regulatory parameters governing transport innovation.
The technical sessions to follow the roundtable will focus on the importance of 5G systems to automotive innovation; cybersecurity and data protection; and the role to be played by artificial intelligence and machine learning in future transport systems.
Participants will also debate the modes of collaboration with the greatest potential to lead to the agreement of a cohesive set of technical standards for connected vehicles and intelligent transport systems.
ITU-UNECE Symposium on the Future Networked Car
8 March 2018
Geneva International Motor Show
Discuss the status and future of vehicle communications and automated driving
Representatives of the ICT and automotive industries as well as governments and their regulators. Confirmed speakers include:
- Jean Todt, President of FIA and UN Secretary General's Special Envoy for Road Safety
- Pierre Masai, CIO, Toyota
- Jason Ellis, Director, Business Development, Qualcomm Technologies
- James Colgate, Strategy Director, Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited
- Jacques Bonifay, CEO, Transatel & Head of EU MVNO Association, Belgium
- Stefano Sorrentino, Chair, 5GAA/WG2, Ericsson, Sweden
- Johannes Springer, Program Lead, 5G automotive program, T-systems, Deutsche Telekom Group, Germany
- Roger C. Lanctot, Associate Director, Global Automotive Practice, Strategy Analytics, US
- Russell Shields, Chair, Ygomi LLC, US