• What are the elements of an enabling environment to promote the quality of access to the Internet?
- Opening the market to competition (Essential).
- Promoting the development of fixed and mobile networks, broadband and high-speed (investments, coverage obligations...)
- Promoting good network spread.
- Clear and achievable coverage obligations.
- Implementing quality of service obligations.
- Controlling and monitoring such obligations.
- Affordability of access prices.
- Ensuring service quality.
- Promoting open access to the Internet.
• What is the role of Governments in building an enabling environment?
- Adopting an adequate and transparent legal framework.
- Defining the responsibilities of all concerned actors.
- Protection of personal data, privacy and minors.
- Promoting network expansion and promotion of content.
- Awareness and information.
- Important role of ISP (usage policy).
- Role of the civil society: school, parents, association…