(Created: 27 January 2017)
- To identify and co-ordinate activities on multimedia aspect of e-services across all the relevant ITU-T Study Groups (currently ITU-T SGs 2, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 20) and to liaise with all relevant sectors ITU-R and ITU-D;
- To collaborate with other cross sector coordination platforms such as CITS.
- To analyse e-services related work programmes in ITU-T Study Groups, as well as in other SDOs, forums and consortia, for use in its coordination function and will provide information on this work for use by the relevant study groups in planning their work.
- To provide a visible contact point for e-service activities in ITU-T, to seek co-operation from external bodies working in the field of e-services and enable effective two-way communication with these bodies.
Within the scope of multimedia aspects of e-services:
- Maintain a list of contacts for e-services in each group participating in the JCA.
- Coordinate with the various groups in ITU-T on standardization activities to avoid duplication of work, noticeably any proposed new and revised work items, and maximize work;
- Advise in the overall planning of tutorials and seminars/workshops (in accordance with Rec. ITU-T A.31);
- Address coordination of activities with relevant SDOs and forums;
- Support of the coordinated development of specifications and events for conformance and interoperability testing;
- Support of the coordinated development of new multimedia aspect of e-service standards that include new technologies or trends such as digital finance services (DFS) and distributed ledger technologies (DLT);
- Support of the coordinated development of new multimedia aspect of e-service standards such as e-agriculture, e-forestry, and e-aquaculture.
Terms of Reference