Accredited media who are registered to attend ITU Telecom World 2019 are invited to participate in the event's
Opening Press Conference on Monday, 09 September, 11:00-11:45 in room 4 - Helicopter, Hungexpo, Budapest, Hungary.
This press conference will provide media with a preview of what to expect in the week ahead, hear more on and directly experience Hungarian tech innovation, and look ahead to ITU Telecom World 2020. The Press Conference will also include the launch of a special, commemorative stamp to mark the occasion.
Opening Press Conference speakers will include:
- Houlin Zhao, ITU Secretary-General
- László Palkovics, Minister for Innovation and Technology, Hungary, Host Country for ITU Telecom World 2019
At the end of the Conference, György Schamschula, CEO Magyar Posta, will launch the ITU Telecom World 2019 commemorative stamp, followed by a photo call.
Organized annually by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) – the United Nations specialized agency for information and communication technologies (ICTs) - this year's ITU Telecom World event is hosted by the Government of Hungary. It will bring together an influential audience of key policy-makers, regulators, industry experts, investors, small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), entrepreneurs and innovators. It provides a unique global platform for connecting developed and emerging markets to explore digital technologies and innovations and their potential to transform lives positively.
Highlights of ITU Telecom World 2019 will include:
- An Exhibition of digital solutions, showcasing innovative initiatives, SMEs and technologies from across the globe, in national and thematic pavilions and independent stands. Look out for innovations in areas ranging from Smart ABC (Smart AI, Banking and Cities), 5G, smart agriculture, e-waste management and satellites to smart transport, smart homes, climate change mitigation, pet healthcare, digital finance and many
National Pavilions bring the best of talent, innovation, investment and partnership potential from countries around the world to Budapest, and include the host country's Hungary National Pavilion, hosting established tech companies, start-ups, universities and incubators. Activities on the pavilion include workshops, exhibits, presentations, demos and panel discussions on topics including robotics, AI, blockchain and fintech.
- A high-level Forum, convening an influential global audience including governments, key ICT industry players, international organizations, high-growth SMEs, consultants, academia, media and more. Sessions will span topics such as
Digital integrity: values and principles of the digital future;
Future skills for a future world: reforming education systems to evolve with technology;
5G testbeds: laying the groundwork for smart cities;
The network operator of 2025;
Driving diversity by design: mitigating gender bias in AI; and
Regulatory dialogue: spectrum challenges ahead of the World Radiocommunication Conference 2019 (WRC-19). Partner sessions with key industry players will provide expert insights in areas such as digital transformation, micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in Uganda, spectrum pricing, sustainable next-generation networks and 5G planning, strategy, cooperation and more. See the full programme
here and full speaker line up
- The ITU Telecom World Awards, celebrating innovative ICT initiatives with real social impact, for corporations, governments and SMEs - with a special
SME programme to support business growth. Don't miss the exciting ITU Telecom World Awards Ceremony on the last day of the event, where the finalists and winners will be announced.
- On the final day of the event is the
Internet Generation Day, a programme of interactive workshops, demos, competitions and more, especially designed for university students, young entrepreneurs and innovators from Hungary and the region. Carefully curated by Hungary's leading incubators, accelerators, academia and innovation hubs, the programme is open to all. Topics to be explored will include robotics, AI, blockchain and fintech.
High-level networking events and a networking app, plus dedicated business match-making services enabling face-to-face meetings to take place in a dedicated zone.
Important Note: Media must be accredited and
registered for ITU Telecom World 2019 to enter the venue and participate in this opening press conference. Media registration for ITU Telecom World 2019 enables free access to the event for accredited media.
Advance online accreditation and registration for ITU Telecom World 2019 is highly recommended to avoid queues and delays onsite and accommodate visa issuance timeframes.
Discover more about ITU Telecom World 2019 at telecomworld.itu.int