◄ ◄ MEDIA REGISTRATION NOW OPEN ► ►
Thousands of tech industry and government representatives from around the globe will come together and explore emerging information and communication technology (ICT) trends and topics at
ITU Telecom World 2018, 10-13 September at the Durban International Convention Centre, to "accelerate innovation to improve lives faster".
Confirmed top-level expert speakers include: Amani Abou-Zeid, Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy, African Union Commission (AUC); Siyabonga Cwele, Minister of Telecommunications and Postal Services, South Africa; Sipho Maseko, Telkom SA CEO; Rob Shuter, MTN Group President and CEO; Mohamed Shameel Aziz Joosub, Vodacom CEO; and Marc Vancoppenolle, Nokia's Global Head, Government Relations. (View full speaker list)
Under the theme
Innovation for smarter digital development
ITU Telecom World 2018 programme
- Global exhibition of digital technology solutions and investment opportunities, including national and thematic pavilions from across the globe plus independent stands from world-leading corporates and high-growth SMEs.
- Forum sessions with world-class speakers, international perspectives and expert opinions on innovation for smarter digital development. Topics to be explored span digital finance, regulatory environments that enable innovation, moving beyond connectivity, leapfrogging to 5G, smart cities, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and more.
- High-level networking hub and business matching service for corporations, governments and SMEs – and a special SME programme to support their business growth.
- ITU Telecom World Awards, celebrating innovative information and communication technology (ICT) initiatives with real social impact.
- Access for the general public with daily passes available for purchase.
WHAT: Media registration is now open for
ITU Telecom World 2018. This annual event is organized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the United Nations specialized agency for ICTs, and brings together top tech leaders and government decision-makers to forge new partnerships and showcase emerging ICT innovations that improve lives. This year's event is hosted by the Republic of South Africa. *Press Conference will be held on 10 September, 1345-1430 hours, Room 11 ABE.
WHEN: 10-13 September 2018
WHERE: Durban International Convention Centre (Durban ICC), Durban, South Africa
WHY: This event offers media a unique experience to hear from and interview top decision-makers advancing the latest ICT innovations to improve lives worldwide – and to meet those being recognized for their innovation at the ITU Telecom World Awards.
WHO: International audience comprising C-level industry executives, government leaders, ministers and regulators of ICT and related sectors (finance, transport and health), digital visionaries, global media, consultants, academia and the flourishing small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) community from across both developed and emerging markets.
IMPORTANT MEDIA REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Media must be accredited by ITU through its
Media Accreditation and Registration Process to register and receive an entrance badge for ITU Telecom World 2018 – for security reasons, no exceptions will be allowed. It is highly recommended that you begin this online process as early as possible to ensure that you may attend.
For media accreditation questions, please email:
For general media inquiries, please email:
For additional help with difficulties registering for accreditation, click here to download a short user guide.