During the study period 2005-2008, several actions have been done inside SG12 in order to implement WTSA Resolutions 17 (Telecommunication standardization in relation to the interests of developing countries) and 44 (Bridging the standardization Gap between developing and developed countries) and to take into account Resolution 123 of Plenipotentiary Conference.
After a lot of consultations, it has been decided that the best approach should be to create a Regional group, as defined in WTSA Resolution 54.
Study Group 12 established a Regional Group on QoS issues for Africa region (SG12 RG-AFR) at its 22-30 May 2008 meeting.
Terms of Reference
- To encourage active participation of African administrations, regulators and operators in the work of ITU-T.
- To boost discussions on QoS challenges facing administrations, operators and regulators in the continent.
- To encourage participation of African countries in Rapporteur’s meetings, workshops and other ITU-T Study Group 12 events.
- To encourage African countries to contribute to the development of new/revised ITU-T Recommendations.
- To encourage the African countries to actively participate in the Quality of Service Development Group (QSDG) and other QoS related meetings.
- To ensure that ITU-T provides relevant information on QoS standards applicable to telecommunication networks, including test equipment for QoS monitoring and measuring, and assists in their implementation.
- Act as liaison body between African telecommunication administrations/operators/regulators and ITU-T in matters relating to QoS standards.
In order to subscribe to the new sg12rgafr mailing list, a TIES or a Guest account is required. TIES users can subscribe directly. If you do not yet have a TIES account, but are eligible for one, please apply for one here:
. If not, you can create a Guest account here:
. Once you have your Guest account, please send your request via email to