The ITU-T CASC (Conformity Assessment Steering Committee) is working under the auspices of ITU-T SG11 with the participation of ITU-T experts from all ITU-T SGs.
The ITU-T Telecommunication Standardization Bureau (TSB) will provide secretariat and facilities as required by ITU-T CASC.
The ITU-T CASC will collaborate with existing conformity assessment scheme in order to implement the ITU-T testing laboratory (TL) recognition procedure that are competent to testing against ITU-T Recommendations.
The main objectives of the ITU-T CASC are:
1) to provide the ITU-T view and position to the management organs of the established Conformity Assessment Systems and Schemes such as that of the IEC, GCF and ILAC;
2) to provide ITU-T's technical experts to perform relevant TL's assessment against ITU-T Recommendations through:
- defining criteria, rules and procedures for the appointment of ITU-T technical experts by working with established Conformity Assessment Systems and Schemes of IEC, in collaboration with ILAC aiming for a common testing and conformity assessment;
- processing applications from candidate experts from ITU-T membership;
appointing the ITU-T technical expert(s);
recommending to the recognizing bodies, such as IECEE or ILAC accreditation bodies (signatories to the ILAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement) the relevant ITU-T technical experts with respective competence who may join assessment team to provide technical assistance to assess Testing Laboratories
Any expert from ITU-T membership can be appointed by CASC as an ITU-T technical expert according to the requirements in paragraph 7 of the ITU-T SG11 Guideline "Testing Laboratories recognition procedure". Initially the editors of ITU-T Recommendations which are specified in
The living list of Recommendations and related specifications within key technologies suitable for C&I testing, the
Reference table of ITU-T Recommendations to be used for Conformity/Interoperability assessment as well as focal points of pilot projects in the
Living list of pilot project for conformity assessment against ITU-T Recs could be candidates for appointment by the ITU-T CASC as technical experts. The list of ITU-T technical experts will be made publicly available.
Bearing in mind that the ITU-T CASC cooperates with international accreditation bodies, the ITU T technical experts appointed by ITU-T CASC can work directly as part of the accreditation body teams.
3) to develop a procedure to recognize Testing Laboratories that are competent to test against ITU-T Recommendations
4) to recognize TL(s) with a scope of ITU-T Recommendation(s) which is assessed by IEC or by ILAC accreditation bodies and register it in the ITU recognized TL list;
5) To collect a list of ITU-T Recommendations from ITU-T SGs, which could be candidates for the joint IEC/ITU certification scheme, taking into account the user needs and market demand.Working Method
The ITU-T CASC will work mostly using electronic working methods and have face-to-face meetings which will normally occur concurrently with SG11 meetings. Meetings will be held as determined by the Chairman of ITU-T CASC as soon as a pool of applications have been gathered and will be announced to its participants. The ITU-T CASC will follow the working rules and procedures which are applied to a Working Party.
The ITU-T CASC will report its activities to ITU-T SG11.
The ToR are available in SG11-TD314/GEN