|(Continuation of Question 20/16) |
ITU‑T Study Group 16 performs many lead study group roles:
- multimedia coding, systems and applications;
- ubiquitous and Internet of Things applications;
- telecommunication/ICT accessibility for persons with disabilities;
- intelligent transport system (ITS) communications;
Coordination is a major responsibility within the lead study group roles. The objective of this Question is to manage the development and progress of this project. The technical studies will be addressed in the relevant Questions of Study Group 16 as well as in the Questions of the other specialized study groups.
Study items to be considered include, but are not limited to:
- coordinate with other key players activities concerning multimedia communication standardization, there included network signal processing, media coding, emergency communications, conferencing and telepresence;
- development and updating of the Mediacom Project documentation, their included roadmaps and action plans for Study Group 16-wide topics;
- considerations on how to help measure and mitigate climate change.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- develop and update a multimedia services and applications standardization roadmap through an appropriate communication process among all interested parties, including the organization of workshops on dedicated standardization issues;
- define and implement a management structure including a multimedia standards steering committee involving all interested organizations;
- document and agree the processes for coordination;
- using the coordination processes, including the steering committee, negotiate with the relevant bodies to ensure that overlapping efforts are avoided, all required standards are being addressed, and the need for devices (e.g. gateways) to ensure end-to-end interoperability is minimized;
- cooperate with the Telecommunication Development Sector of ITU for activities aiming at bridging the standardization gap.
Note: This Question performs as a coordination focal point in the study groups and as such it is not expected to produce any Recommendations.
- F, G, H, I, Q, T, V, X, Y-series Recommendations under the responsibility of SG 16
- All Questions of Study Group 16
- Study groups
- ITU-T SGs 2, 3, 5, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15 and 17
- ITU-R SGs 5 and 6
- ITU-D SGs 1 and 2
- Other bodies
- SDOs: IEC TC 100, ISO/IEC JTC1 (SC 29, SC 31 and others), ETSI, IETF
- Relevant forums and consortia