Procedure for applying for a visa for the ITU-T Focus Group Meeting ML5G, 18-20 March 2020
Citizens of some countries are required to obtain a visa in order to enter and spend any time in China. If required, visas must be requested before the date of arrival in China from the embassy or consulate representing China in your country or, if there is no such office in your country, from the one that is closest to the country of departure. Deadlines vary, so it is suggested to check directly with the appropriate representation and apply early.
In order to apply for visa support, please follow the below steps:
1. Register online for the meeting to obtain the registration ID using:https://www.itu.int/net4/CRM/xreg/web/Registration.aspx?Event=C-00007300. Please note the email confirming registration should not in any circumstances be interpreted as ITU's approval of a non-member participant to receive a visa invitation letter from the host. The host country (foreign ministry/embassies/border control) have the sole responsibility when it comes to allowing a participant to enter their country and ITU will not and does not have the right to interfere in such matters of national sovereignty
2. Complete the form. Please fill out all the fields in the attached winword document and save the file with the following filename either as "ITU ML5G, lastname, firstname.docx/doc/pdf".
3. Scan your passport photo page (jpeg/pdf format) and save the file with the following filename: "ITU ML5G, lastname, firstname.jpeg/pdf".
4. Email one zip file containing the completed form (see point 2 above), scanned passport photo page (see point 3 above) to the host focal point Yuxuan Xie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your visa inquiries no later than 16 February 2020.
5. The Chinese host will then send you a personalized invitation letter which you will have to submit along with other supporting documents to your local Chinese embassy. Please check what other information your local Chinese embassy may require in order to issue a visa
We look forward to seeing you in Beijing.