The Focus Group, by collaborating with worldwide future network (FN) communities (e.g., research institutes, forums, academia and etc), aims to
- collect and identify visions of future networks, based on new technologies,
- assess the interactions between future networks and new services,
- familiarize ITU-T and standardization communities with emerging attributes of future networks, and
- encourage collaboration between ITU-T and FN communities.
The objective of the Focus Group is to document results that would be helpful for developing Recommendations for future networks.
To achieve this objective the Focus Group will
Terms of Reference
- gather new ideas relevant to Future Networks and identify potential study areas on Future Networks,
- describe visions of the Future Networks,
- identify a timeframe of Future Networks,
- identify potential impacts on standards development, and
- suggest future ITU-T study items and related actions.