The Plenipotentiary Conference is open to (ref. CV/Art. 23
- Member States [CV/268]
- Palestine [Res 99 (Rev. Guadalajara, 2010)]
- the United Nations [CV/269A]
- regional telecommunications organizations [CV/269B]
- intergovernmental organizations operating satellite systems [CV/269C]
- specialized agencies of the United Nations and the International Atomic Energy Agency [CV/269D]
- Sector Members referred to in CV/229 (recognized operating agencies, scientific or industrial organizations and financial or development institutions) and CV/231 (regional and other international telecommunication, standardization, financial or development organizations)
The participation of observers in the Plenipotentiary Conference is governed by the terms of Resolution 145 (Antalya, 2006).
In accordance with ITU’s policy for awarding fellowships (reference Service Order 07/05), participants are informed that fellowships are not granted for treaty-making conferences.
Each Member State and Observer Organization and Entity may designate and register as many representatives as it deems necessary. There is no limitation on the number of delegates and observers attending the Conference. Organizations and Entities are referred to No. 476
of the Convention and Article 7, paragraphs 1b) and 5b), of the Financial Regulations
which are applicable to this Conference.
Information on the registration procedure will be forthcoming.
- General information on credentials:
Circular letter No. 185 (4 March 2014)
- Model for depositing credentials
- Procedure for depositing credentials:
- Original credentials documents shall be deposited with the secretariat of the conference as early as possible. Member States should send their original credentials documents , prior to the opening date of the conference, to the Secretary-General who shall transmit them to the secretariat of the conference as soon as the latter has been established.
- Original Credential Documents should arrive by registered mail no later than 13 October 2014 to the following address:
International Telecommunication Union
Place des Nations
CH – 1211 GENEVA 20
- Where a Government wishes to deposit its original credentials document during the Plenipotentiary Conference, they may be deposited as from 18 October 2014 with the secretariat of the Credentials Committee. The location of the office of the Credentials Committee within the Conference Center will be indicated in the documentation provided to delegates upon registration.
- Complete details regarding credentials for the Plenipotentiary Conference can be found in Article 31 (Nos. 325-331) of the Convention.
In accordance with Article 31 (Nos 325-331) of the Convention, accreditation of delegations sent by Member States to the Plenipotentiary Conference shall be by means of instruments signed by the Head of State, by the Head of Government or by the Minister for Foreign Affairs.
The submitted credentials must fulfill one of the following criteria:
- confer full powers on the delegation;
- authorize the delegation to represent its government, without restrictions;
- give the delegation, or certain members thereof, the right to sign the Final Acts.