Results from groups directly belong to Plenary
The meeting was attended by 120 people from 40 countries. It received 82 Contributions and handled 179 TDs. There were 38 incoming Liaison statements and created 21 outgoing Liaison statements. Two Recommendations were approved under AAP, seven Recommendations were consented and one informative text was agreed. There was a tutorial webinar for summarizing the results of the meeting immediately after the closing plenary on 11 September.
- Handled numerous incoming Liaison statements which were related to workprogramme and entire SG12 activities drafting replies as appropriate.
- Developed plans to progress the work on Bridging the Standardization Gap (BSG) issues.
- E-learning course on A.1: "Working methods" was introduced and the delegates were encouraged to take this course.
- E-learning course on QoS, which is under development, was introduced.
- Examined the SG12 Workprogramme.
- Coordination of activities on QoS and QoE within ITU
- SG9-SG12 Joint plenary session was held
- A meeting of Inter-Rapporteur Group on Audiovisual Quality Assessment (IRG-AVQA) was held
- A report to the Review Committee was drafted.
Regional Group for Africa
- Following new work items were created:
- Revision G.1000 and related terms in P.10/G.100
- Handbook providing overview on all Recommendations of SG12
- Handbook summarizing country cases w/r to the assessment of QoS and QoE
Quality of service development group (QSDG)
- Reviewed and updated its workprogramme
- Planned the next SG12 RG-AFR meeting, which is to be collocated with a Regional Standardization Forum
- Updated the QSDG Workprogramme for 2014/2015 and planned the next meetings and workshops (see "Future meetings and workshops" for more details).
Results from working parties
Working Party 1/12 Recommendations:
Consented four Recommendations:
- ITU-T P.340/Amd.1 "Transmission characteristics and speech quality parameters of hands-free terminals – Amendment 1: New Annex B"
- ITU-T P.501/Amd.2 "Test signals for use in telephonometry – Amendment 2: New Annex C"
- ITU-T P.1302 (ex. P.ACQ) "Subjective method for simulated conversation tests addressing speech and audiovisual call quality"
- ITU-T P.1311 (ex. P.SAM-part 1) "Method for determining the intelligibility of multiple concurrent talkers"
Agreed on one non-normative text:
Working Party 2/12
- ITU-T P.502/Amd.2 "Objective test methods for speech communication systems using complex test signals – Amendment 2: Updated Appendix III"
Approved two Recommendations under AAP:
- ITU-T P.863 "Perceptual objective listening quality assessment"
- ITU-T P.863.1 "Application guide for Recommendation ITU-T P.863"
Consented one Recommendation:
Working Party 3/12
- ITU-T P.1401/Cor.1 "Methods, metrics and procedures for statistical evaluation, qualification and comparison of objective quality prediction models – Corrigendum 1"
Consented two Recommendations:
- ITU-T G.1091 (ex. G.QRTP) "QoE Requirements for Telepresence Services"
- ITU-T Y.1546 (ex. Y.15HO) "Hand-over performance among multiple access networks"
Future meetings and workshops
- Seven Questions (Qs 2, 4, 5, 9, 13, 14 and 17/12) requested interim Rapporteur's meetings, which were agreed.
WP1/12 interim meeting
- 12 December 2014 in Herzogenrath, Germany
Meeting of SG12 Regional Group for Africa (collocated with Regional Standardization Forum)
- 13-17 April 2015, Dakar, Senegal
Meeting of SG12
Meetings of QSDG
- 4-6 November 2014 in Dubai, UAE
- 14-18 September 2015, Place TBD
Workshops on QoS & QoE
- 2-3 November 2014, Dubai, UAE
- 9-13 February 2015, Istanbul, Turkey (TBC)
- 13-17 April 2015, Dakar, Senegal (collocated with RG-AFR meeting and Regional Standardization Forum)
- 14-18 September 2015, Place TBD (collocated with a QSDG meeting)
- Collocated Workshop between ITU-T SG12 QSDG / 3GPP / ETSI TB STQ on Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) of 'big data' services in 3G/4G Mobile Networks (dates and place TBD)