Malaga, Spain, 26 April 2018
As part of the United for Smart Sustainable Cities (U4SSC) Initiative, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) are organizing the
Third Meeting of the U4SSC Initiative
that will be kindly hosted by the City of Malaga on 26 April 2018 in Malaga, Spain. This meeting will be held in conjunction with the
9th Forum on Urban Intelligence and Sustainability
taking place from 25-26 April 2018 in Malaga, Spain.
United for Smart Sustainable Cities (U4SSC) initiative
is a UN initiative supported by 16 UN agencies and programmes to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 11: "Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable." The U4SSC serves as the global platform to advocate for public policy and to encourage the use of ICTs to facilitate and ease the transition to smart sustainable cities.
ITU and UNECE will organize the third meeting of the United for Smart Sustainable Cities Initiative (U4SSC) on 26 April 2018 in Malaga, Spain.
The event will take place at the Trade Fairs and Congress Center of Malaga.
The main objectives of the meeting are to:
- revise the terms of reference of the U4SSC;
- present the set of deliverables developed within U4SSC in 2017;
- provide a platform to present views on recent trends and explore opportunities to identify strategies on, inter alia, standardization, integration & interoperability to build smarter and more sustainable cities;
- deliberate on the future activities and develop an action plan for 2018-2019;
- engage in discussions on the development of the Global Smart Sustainable Cities Index.
This meeting will bring together leading specialists in the field, from city planners to engineers, designers, policy-makers, government officials, regulators, academia and standards experts. This event is free of charge and open to all. Discussions will be held in English.