|New Delhi, India, 14-15 March 2012
||Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org |
At the kind invitation of the Centre for Internet and Society, in cooperation with the ITU-APT Foundation of India, ITU is organizing a two-day Tutorial on Audio Visual Media Accessibility from 14 to 15 March 2012 at the India International Centre, New Delhi, India.
The Tutorial will be preceded by the 4th Meeting of the Focus Group on Audio Visual Media Accessibility (FG AVA) on 13th March 2012. This meeting will take place at the same venue and will also be hosted by the Centre for Internet and Society, in cooperation with the ITU-APT Foundation of India.
The programme of the ITU Tutorial on Audiovisual Media Accessibility will provide an in-depth insight of topics and measures to improve the accessibility of AV media:
Captioning (pre-prepared and live), Audio/Video Description and spoken captions, visual signing and sign language, emergency access services. These topics will reference examples from digital broadcast television and mobile telephony media.
Participants will gain a better understanding of:
- How to Get started - strategies for establishing and expanding new accessibility services (how it can be done, what it costs, what business models exist to ensure the viability of accessibility services);
- How standards can help developing countries plan and implement the transition from analogue to digital TV (what issues need to be addressed to optimize the Digital Dividend; making sure that various groups of vulnerable viewers are not disenfranchised by the digital switchover);
- Human resource development for improved usability and accessibility (closely tied to work being done by the Audiovisual Media Accessibility Focus Group’s Working Parties).
Regulators and legislators working on measures to improve digital media’s compliance with international accessibility conventions and directives; Accessibility service advocates from organizations representing persons with disabilities; Media executives from public service and commercial TV channels seeking compliance with media accessibility regulation; Pay-TV operators; Consumer electronics manufacturers; Consumer electronics wholesalers and retailers examining the business implications of demographic changes and media regulation.
The tutors are leading experts in the field from industry and either participated in the writing of the handbook or contribute to the work of the ITU-T Focus Group on Audiovisual Media Accessibility.
Please take a few minutes to respond to the following survey, which is designed to assess your satisfaction with this event. Information that you provide will be treated confidentially (only overall ratings will be published). Thank you for your time.
- Host: Centre for Internet and Society, New Delhi, India in cooperation with the ITU-APT Foundation of India
- Organized by: ITU
- Date: 14-15 March 2012
- Venue: India International Centre,
Seminar hall no. 1, 2 and 3 main building
#40, Lodi Road, Max Mueller Marg,
Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001.
E-mail : email@example.com;
Map from airport to IIC: http://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
- Practical Information (including hotel accommodation, transportation, visa and health requirements)
Host country contact persons:
Sunil Abraham (Executive Director)
Nirmita Narasimhan (Programme Manager)
Ajoy Kumar (Administrator)
Centre for Internet and Society
194, 2nd C Cross,
Domlur 2nd stage,
Tel: +91 80 25350955, +91 80 40926283
Related Topics, Study Groups, Organizations
| Convening Letter, Registration and Programme