Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation, 4-6 June 2018
ITU Regional Forum on "Internet of Things, Telecommunication Networks and Big Data as basic infrastructure for Digital Economy"
was kindly co-hosted by Rostelecom and the Saint Petersburg State University of Telecommunications (SPbSUT) and took place in Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation from 4-6 June 2018. This forum was organized jointly by TSB and the ITU Area Office for CIS.
This event was be combined with the meetings of ITU-T Study Group 11 Regional Group for Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Transcaucasia (SG11RG-EECAT
) and ITU-T Study Group 20 Regional Group for Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Transcaucasia (SG20RG-EECAT
) held on 4-6 June 2018, in the same venue.Objectives
The three-day Forum will covered the following issues:
- Digital economy and its deployment in the Region;
- Deployment of 5G networks and beyond as a basis of digital economy;
- Big data processing and management to support digital economy;
- IoT applications and services of 5G-based networks;
- International standardization of the Internet of Things, big data, 5G and future telecommunication networks.
Participation in the ITU Regional Forum is open to ITU Member States, Sector Members, Associates and Academic Institutions and to any individual from a country that is a member of ITU who wishes to contribute to the work. This includes individuals who are also members of international, regional and national organizations.
Participation is free of charge.
Event webpage available in Russian language here.