|Policy Track |
|09:30 - 10:00
- Welcome Address: Ajay Mishra, FG Innovation Chairman
- Opening Address: Bilel Jamoussi, Chief Study Groups Dept. TSB, ITU [ Biography ]
|10:00 - 11:30
Session 1: Role of Standardization on Innovation Ecosystems
Successful standards fulfill a definite need in the telecommunication and information markets. However, they also do allow innovations to be accomplished in a standard manner. Two important aspects: extensibility and inter-operability between different innovations; have its definite impact on the final adoption of such innovations by the end users. To foster efficient collaboration between the different stakeholders, a standards development organization might be necessary to achieve those aspects. Additionally, standardization offers a definite economy of scale pushing potential costs down and leading to a foreseen new revenue streams. This session will tackle the potential role of standardization on the whole innovation ecosystems.
- Standardization as an Innovation Ecosystem Enabler: Ramy Ahmed Fathy, Director of Digital Services Policies, National Telecom Regulatory Authority of Egypt (NTRA) [ Biography | Presentation ]
- Innovations in the mobile networks quality of service control techniques: Sami Tabbane, Professor, Ecole Supérieure des
Communications de Tunis [ Biography | Presentation ]
|11:30 - 11:45
|11:45 - 12:45
Session 2: Balancing Closed and Open Innovation Strategies
Open innovation is creating a new revolutionary perspective in business strategies. Traditional business strategies focused on developing rival positions against competitors and other market dynamics; which usually contradicted with openness. However some industries are experimenting with novel business models that reap from a global creativity momentum by employing open innovation strategies. This session investigates the correct the appropriate balance between closed and open innovation; in addition to the latter’s relationship with standardization activities.
- Innovations in Mobile Devices in India and Relevance to Local Conditions: Sunil Dutt, Managing Director, S2S Convergence Private India Limited [ Biography | Presentation ]
- Frugal Innovations and Standardization: Ajay Mishra, Chairman, FG Innovation[ Presentation ]
- Open Innovation and Crowsourcing Platforms: Robert Shaw, Head Innovation Division, BDT, ITU [ Presentation ]
|12:45 - 14:00
|Technology Track |
|14:00 - 16:00
Session 3: New Emerging Innovations
New emerging innovations are arising every day. This session presents the state of the art technology\service innovations that occur at every layer of the supply chain. The innovations are presented with a potential focus on its readiness for standardization.
- MMSign: Mohamed Jemni, Professor, University of Tunis [ Presentation ]
- ICT Innovation in intelligent agriculture. A first step towards standardization and spread of good practices:
Daniele Trinchero, iXem Labs Director and Assistant Professor at the Electronics and Telecommunication Department of Politecnico di Torino, Italy [ Biography | Presentation ]
- OFDMA with Optimized Transmit and Receive Waveforms for Better Interference Immune Communications in Next Generation Radio Mobile Communication Systems: Professor Mohamed Siala, Sup’Com, Tunisia [ Biography | Presentation ]
|16:00 - 16:15
|Innovation Socio-Economic Show Cases|
|16:15 - 17:15
Session 4: ICT Innovations for Emerging Markets with a Focus on FG Innovation Repository
Innovations are spurring in different parts of the world. This session illustrates the successful show cases of innovations which have socio-economic impacts on societies which specific references to the FG Innovation Repository.
- Successful cases of ICT Innovations from Emerging Economies: Mridul Tiwary, Solution Specialist, NSN, India