ITU fellowship request forms:
Fellowships may be awarded to Administrations subject to available funding in order to facilitate participation from
Least Developed or Low Income Countries
A request for a fellowship must be submitted using the official form within the deadline indicated in the meeting announcement letter, and must be authorized by the relevant Administration of the ITU Member State. Applicants must pre-register for the meeting before applying for a fellowship. Please note that fellowships will not be granted without the approval of your registration by the focal point.
For meetings in Geneva, when two partial fellowships are requested, at least one must be an economy-class air ticket.
The decision criteria for granting fellowships include:
- available ITU budget;
- active participation, including the submission of written contributions;
- equitable distribution among countries and regions; and
- gender balance.
How to apply for a fellowship
To ensure that the submitted form is legible when received by ITU, it is recommended for applicants to complete the form electronically. The form should then be printed and signed by the applicant, and signed and stamped by an official authorized to do so by the Administration.
The form should then be scanned and emailed to
- or alternatively sent by fax (+41 22 730 5778) - in order to be received by ITU before the submission deadline.
- Applicants must pre-register online for the meeting before applying for a fellowship. Fellowship will be granted only if your registration is approved by your focal point.
- Unless agreed in advance with ITU due to exceptional circumstances, all fellows must be present from the first to the last day of the meeting.
- An official stamp must be provided to validate all fellowship requests.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport must accompany the fellowship request form.
- For assistance concerning the submission of contributions and other meeting logistics, please see the TSB Collective letter announcing the meeting.