Building Sustainable Communities
ITU Kaleidoscope conference, Kyoto, Japan, 22-24 April 2013
What is it?
PDF eXpress is a web-based service provided by IEEE for conferences that it (co-)sponsors which facilitates the job of authors for creating compliant PDF files for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
What is it not?
IEEE PDF eXpress is not a manuscript-collection system. So after generating and/or checking your paper, you still need to submit the PDF version through EDAS.
How it works
There are two options:
- You check a PDF file that you prepared yourself (after the checking you receive an email that provides details on what might be wrong with your PDF file).
- You provide a source file (WinWord .DOC, LaTeX DVI, etc. see “Supported formats” below) for PDF eXpress to create the PDF for you (after that, you receive an email with the pdf attached). Whence you have an IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF file, then you log in to EDAS and upload the camera-ready file.
How do I use it?
The following is a quick guide for setting up and using a PDF eXpress account. More info can be found in the guide at: http://www.pdf-express.org/frhelp.asp.
- Go to the IEEE PDF eXpress Plus site at: http://www.pdf-express.org/plus and:
|a. Click "New Users – Click Here".
||a. Enter K2013wkxp for the Conference ID, your email address, and enter the password you used for your old account.
||a. Enter K2013wkxp for the Conference ID, email address and password.|
|b. Enter K2013wkxp for the Conference ID, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted.
||b. When you click "Login", you'll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click "Continue". By entering your previously used email address and password combination, you will enable your old account for access to this new conference.
|c. Check that the contact information is still valid, and click "Submit".
||c. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
||d. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.|
- For each conference paper, click "Create New Title".
- Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required).
- Click "Submit PDF for Checking" or "Submit Source Files for Conversion".
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click "Upload File". You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress Plus-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed.
||Submit your source file for conversion by clicking Try again, then Submit Source Files for Conversion.
||Resubmit your source file with corrections (Try again, then Submit Source Files for Conversion).
Log back into your PDF eXpress Plus account and approve your PDF for collection.
Submit this final PDF to the conference secretariat using EDAS.
||Read the PDF Check report, then click "The PDF Check Report" in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions.
||Submit a PDF by clicking Try again, then Submit PDF for Checking.|
||"Request Technical Help" through your account.
||"Request a Manual Conversion" through your account.|
- Microsoft Word
- Rich Text Format
- (La)TeX (a DVI and supported image files must be included in a compressed archive)
- PageMaker (images should not be embedded, included with main file in a compressed archive)
- Word Pro
- Quark (*.qxd and images files must be included in a compressed archive)