Geneva, Switzerland, 2 August 2019
The International Telecommunication Union is organizing the ITU workshop on Distributed Ledger Technology Scalability and Interoperability
which will take place on the 2 August 2019 at ITU Headquarters, Rue de Varembé 2, Geneva, Switzerland.
The workshop will be preceded by the final meeting of ITU-T Focus Group on Application of Distributed Ledger Technology (FG DLT) from 29 July 1 August 2019 taking place at the same venue. Please see
for details about FG DLT.
The objectives of the workshop are to:
- Examine scalability requirements of DLT platforms;
- Discuss approaches to benchmark DLT platform performance;
- Identify components of DLT that would benefit from interoperability;
- Discuss approaches to minimize DLT platform differences from the user perspective;
- Review related standardization activities;
- Propose a way forward for related standardization work in ITU-T Study Groups.
Participation in the workshop is open to ITU Member States, Sector Members, Associates and Academic Institutions and to any individual from a country that is a member of ITU who wishes to contribute to the work. This includes individuals who are also members of international, regional and national organizations. Participation in the workshop is free of charge, however seats are limited and no fellowships will be granted. The workshop will be held in English only.