Geneva, Switzerland, 27 June 2013
A one-day workshop on “Intelligent transport systems in emerging markets – drivers for safe and sustainable growth”, jointly organized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) will take place at ITU Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland on 27 June 2013. This event is another milestone in 2013, the year of ICTs and improving road safety.
The key objectives of this workshop are:
- To review the status quo of intelligent transport systems (ITS): the technology, applications, regulatory frameworks, standards;
- To identify barriers to adoption, challenges and how they can be overcome;
- To highlight the benefits ITS may reap in emerging economies, with a particular focus on road safety; and
- To discuss the distraction challenges and identify ways to address it.
The target audience for this event are:
- ICT and transport policy makers and regulators (including those attending the meeting of UNECE WP29 (Vehicle Regulations), which will take place in the Palais des Nations the same week);
- Representatives of the ICT, consumer electronics, automobile, transport and insurance sector;
- Standards-makers in the fields of intelligent transport systems and ICT
Participation is free of charge.