We are currently reviewing all applications. If you have any questions about the Generation Connect Visionaries Board please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you
The Generation Connect Visionaries Board has been assembled as part of the implementation of the ITU Youth Strategy to further champion the voices of youth to advance digital development. The board is comprised of 8 competitively selected young leaders, 8 nominated high-level appointees and the BDT Director of the ITU. Board members are working together over an initial period of a year to achieve the board’s strategic objectives in the build up to WTDC-21 and the Generation Connect Youth Summit.
The objectives of the Generation Connect Visionaries Board include the following:
- To offer strategic guidance on youth participation and empowerment.
- To identify and invite strategic partners to ensure youth engagement and youth participation in digital cooperation.
- To advocate for meaningful youth engagement in digital cooperation, through different promotional activities, such as active social media campaigning and inspirational role model talks.
The key deliverables expected of the Generation Connect Visionaries Board include the following:.
- Clear strategic guidance to the ITU on the implementation of the ITU Youth Strategy.
- New partnerships with high-level partners, youth organisations and boards.
- Strong awareness of WTDC-21 Generation Connect Global Youth Summit amongst board members’ own networks.
- Successful and meaningful youth engagement before and during the WTDC-21 Generation Connect Global Youth Summit.