|SG00||ITU-R Special Supplements|
- Land Mobile (including Wireless Access) - Volume 2: Principles and Approaches on Evolution to IMT-2000/FPLMTS
This Volume of the Handbook provides an overview of principles and approaches to be considered in the evolution of existing and emerging systems towards IMT-2000. IMT-2000 are third generation mobile systems which are scheduled to start service around the year 2000, subject to market considerations.
- Digital Radio-Relay Systems
This Handbook represents a comprehensive summary of basic principles, design parameters and current practices for the design and engineering of digital radio-relay systems.
- Land Mobile (including Wireless Access) - Volume 1: Fixed Wireless Access
The purpose of this Handbook is to assist in the decision making process involving planning, engineering and deployment of wireless access based land mobile systems, especially in the developing countries. It should also provide adequate information that will assist in training engineers and planners in regulating, planning, engineering, and deployment aspects of these systems.
- Amateur and amateur-satellite services
- Land Mobile (including Wireless Access) - Volume 4: Intelligent Transport Systems
Volume 4 of the ITU-R Handbook on Land Mobile (including Wireless Access) provides a summary of the use of wireless communications in intelligent transport systems (ITS), current and under development, around the globe, including architecture, systems, and applications. This is a rapidly developing sector, which is still partly in its infancy.
- Migration to IMT-2000 Systems - Supplement 1 (Revision 1) of the Handbook on Deployment of IMT-2000 Systems
This revised Supplement expands on the first edition of the ITU Handbook - Deployment of IMT- 2000 Systems and updates much of the work that has occurred since the release of the Handbook. It addresses the subject of evolution and migration from current mobile systems towards IMT-2000. ITU-R has developed this work in response to ongoing liaison and interaction with the ITU-D and ITU-T Sectors and sees this material as the natural extension of the information presented in the Handbook.
- Land Mobile (including Wireless Access) - Volume 3: Dispatch and Advanced Messaging Systems
The purpose of the Land Mobile Handbook is to assist in the decision-making process involving planning, engineering and deployment of land mobile systems, especially in the developing countries. It should also provide adequate information to assist in training engineers and planners in regulating, planning, engineering and deployment aspects of these systems. Volume 3 on Dispatch and Advanced Messaging Systems provides information on state-of-the-art technology in terrestrial land mobile paging and advanced messaging and dispatch as well as descriptions of typical systems. The technical content is intended for use by administrations and operators in both developing and developed countries.
- Frequency adaptive communication systems and networks in the MF/HF bands
This Handbook is published to assist planners and decision-makers in the deployment of adaptive MF/HF systems in the fixed service, for both commercial and government users in developed and particularly developing countries. It provides material on current present technological capabilities in the field of adaptive MF/HF communications.
- Land Mobile (including Wireless Access) - Volume 5: Deployment of Broadband Wireless Access Systems
The overall purpose of the Handbook is to assist in the decision-making process involving planning, engineering and deployment of wireless-based land mobile systems, especially in developing countries. It also provides information that will assist in training engineers and planners in the regulating, planning, engineering and deployment aspects of these systems.
- IMT-2000: Special Edition
This CD-ROM is of particular interest to experts involved in IMT-2000 radio and network standards development and also to all those interested in a deeper understanding of the global scene of personal mobile communications. It contains a complete set of ITU texts on IMT-2000 and other related topics and includes Recommendation ITU-R M.1457 which describes the detailed specifications of the radio interfaces of IMT-2000.
- Deployment of IMT-2000 Systems
- Guidance for bilateral/multilateral discussions on the use of frequency range 1 350 MHz - 43.5 GHz by fixed service systems