4th ITU Interop Event on IPTV, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 18-22 July 2011
18-20 July – Conformity and Interoperability testing:
21-22 July – Showcasing:
- Testing of ITU-T IPTV standards including ITU-T H.701 (Error-Recovery), ITU-T H.721 (IPTV
Terminal), ITU-T H.740 (Application Event Handling), ITU-T H.750 (Metadata), ITU-T H.761 (Ginga-NCL), ITU-T H.762 (LIME) and ITU-T H.770 (Service Discovery).
- A report of the test outcomes will be fed into the standards development process.
- The testing event is restricted to engineers of organizations that implement ITU-T’s IPTV suite of standards. Access to the venue will be restricted and equipment will be guarded in a secure manner.
- Participation in the testing and/or showcasing costs CHF 3'000 per organization. A special 20% discount is offered to organizations which already participated in at least one of the past ITU IPTV Interop Events: 1st ITU Interop (Geneva, July 2010), the 2nd ITU Interop (Singapore, September 2010), and/or the 3rd ITU Interop (India, December 2011), i.e., they pay
CHF 2'400. There is no limit on number of participants per organization.
- Participating organizations (exhibitors): Organizations registered as participants in the testing event above will showcase to the market the interoperability of their IPTV products. ITU will prepare a schedule of private one-on-one showcasing demo appointments to target potential customers. There will also be a group/public showcasing session. Participating organizations are encouraged to ensure that their marketing colleagues are in close contact with ITU on this element of the event.
- Showcasing visitors: Regulators, broadcasters, telecoms companies, system integrators, test laboratories, artists, universities, general public and others are invited to visit the showcasing event.
Showcasing visits are free to both ITU members and non-members. To secure your visit, contact us now at